Monday, March 28, 2011

Yes we're both a little broken (poetry)

Yes we're both a little broken.






Parts of you still love her,


the one who smiled and whispered your name


late, late in the night.


When your eyes glance away


I wonder if that's where you go.


You are quiet.


Still.


I hear you're breath,


And drift into you're mind's eye


to see if you're with her now.





Parts of me still love him,


the one who wrapped his hands around my waist


and kissed me soft.


Each deep sigh I release


and you worry, You worry


Still.


Grasping at the soul winds leaving my body,


going far and away, far and away towards him.





Ssshhh, let's not wonder. Not worry.





Lie here with me.





And the parts that are left,





Of us


We'll melt them together.


You and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment